111

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Another question for WRITERS/AUTHORS?

answers1:I am a writer, and I would have to say what I driving me to
become an author is my creativity. I love writing and, creating
characters, and adventures. Plus when people (around me and over the
internet) read my work, they like it. Some people give me negitive
feedback, but all that does is make me work even harder.If you have
time, check out some of my work on www.writerscafe.orgmy author name
is Spade...Show more
answers2:It would actually take a bit for me to consider the
transition between writer and author. Why? I don't think that I like
the idea of pressure being on my work. Writing is more of a hobby of
mine, creating characters and worlds just for my own entertainment.
Publishing is serious business, and frankly there are few people whose
work is up to snuff for the real world. Even if I were to be good
enough, I'll be sensitive about making changes to the adventures that
got me through the days.As for what would be enough to think about
publishing, I think the first step if writing out a full piece that I
can't critically edit much more. After that I will share with
friends/family, and probably follow with a lot more newfound critical
editing. Then, and only then, would I inquire to agents about my
work. The whole process would have to be done half-hearted. Even
though I'm aware it's not all it can be and always has room for
improvement, it's still my creation and I have to be sure that I'm not
going to get my feelings hurt over it....Show more
answers3:I think, therefore I am... a writer!That may not have made
any sense but hey... it sounded neat, right? =P But I digress......
I've always wanted to be an author, ever since I got really into
writing when I was maybe 7 or 8! I think it's got to do with how much
I really would like to know that my work is out there, and someone is
reading it that has never met me before! They don't know me, so they
won't feel bad saying, "This is awful!" or feel obliged to say "This
is amazing!" It really would make me happy just to see my work on a
shelf somewhere! =D... I don't care about the money, and not really
about the fame... just the satisfaction of knowing that my work is OUT
THERE would just give me a happy glowy buzz! =P...Show more
answers4:This is how I see it. Everyone is given some kind of gift
from their Creator. The ability to write is a gift. However, if you
were born with that gift, it is your responsibility to hone it and
train it so that you become an author. Not everybody who thinks they
have that gift do have it. A lot of people think they do. Or wish they
do. Just like I wish I had the ability to be a ballroom dancer, but I
know I am not and never will be. When you have honed and trained that
skill into talent and people start to pay attention to your work and
are willing to pay you for it - then you become an author.
Pax-C...Show more
answers5:Writer: If someone tells me I wrote something amazing. I
write because I feel like it. If I think writing might help someone or
if I read a book that I think is just horrid, I might publish
something to counteract it. Right now I'm working on something to
battle the Golden Compass.
answers6:For authors, what have driven you to become an author? The
irritating feeling that I could do it. (Not to be a total PIA, but
could you check your grammar before you post a question? If you do,
I'll sneak back in here and take this part out.)I'm an unpublished
novelist at the moment, but what I enjoy about writing is the ability
to play god! You know, create people, cause them unsurmountable
problems, have them surmount said problems, and end with some sort of
revelation....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment