111

Monday 10 February 2020

Favorite author?

answers1:I have to say Anne Rice for non-romance. In romance I have
too many to mention =)
answers2:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PerfectBooks/ This website
lists tons of great books and authors. My personal favorites are all
of Meg Cabot's books as well as Sophie Kinsellas' Shopaholic series.
answers3:Philippa Gregory.
answers4:Shakespear - no contest.
answers5:Louis De Bernieres and Gabriel Garcia Marquez
answers6:there are sooooo many fantastic authors writing today, notto
mention the ones whose work is still worth reading eventhough it was
written sometimes centuries ago. as a girl i began reading emilie
loring, and still recommendher books to young teens. they could
advance to gracelivingston hill, and on perhaps to lucy walker. j k
rowling,and then j r r tolkien for all young people regardless of
gender.now in full maturity, i read many authors works. some
stillwriting and some long departed. of the current writers, mytop
favorites are probably nora roberts, along with her alterego j d robb,
and james patterson. in another few yearsthese may have changed. i
am only 73 and still growingand changing. so who knows who my next
favorites will be....Show more
answers7:Butt in chair, start writing, and don't compare your work to
that of another.I honestly don't understand why a 15 year old would
legally be able to travel this gap, but if it's dystopian I'm sure you
can make up a viable reason. I wouldn't read it. Doesn't mean you
shouldn't write it....Show more
answers8:Ann Rinaldi. She writes the best historical fiction. She
makes you feel like your actually apart of the story.
answers9:stephen king
answers10:Kurt Vonnegut and Jonathan Lethem.
answers11:Bernard Cornwell and George MacDonald Fraser
answers12:I have many fave authors, but here's a few:Dean KoontzJK
RowlingJD Robb / Nora RobertsDiana GabaldonPhillippa GregoryMelanie
RawnTerry GoodkindJack WhyteRudolfo AnayaJane Austen...Show more
answers13:John Christopher's Tripod trilogy probably fits that
category. It's about a world where everyone gets a metal cap put on
his/her head at puberty and changes into a happy, cooperative citizen.
Three young friends try to resist this... I think these are in print,
but they were written in the late '60s, early '70s, so you may need to
order them or get your library to find them for you. A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle isn't strictly a dystopian novel. It's about
three kids (two teens and one's younger brother) who are taken on a
search across space for the father of the two siblings. He is held
captive on a dystopian planet, Camazotz. So the whole thing isn't
about the dystopia, just part of it. But it could still fit the
category. Do the books have to be young adult? If they can be regular
adult lit, try these: 1984 - George Orwell Brave New World - Aldous
Huxley This Perfect Day - Ira Levin...Show more
answers14:There's so many good authors but i'd have to call it a draw
between Nancy Farmer and C.S. Lewis.
answers15:I'm currently writing a Young Adult novel in the dystopian
genre such as the Hunger Games. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on
the plot so far. :) And if your truly interested I'll post the link to
read it thus far... ;)Fifty years ago, a giant, unexplained quake
rocked middle America. The magnitude of the tremor caused the North
American plate to crack straight down the middle. Now, Andrin Vatos, a
curious fifteen year-old living in poverty on the west side of the
great "Pit" finds himself volunteering for work in the dreaded, cruel
east. All this for a wad of cash? Andrin must travel over the gap to
help in the study of the great Pit and the quake that caused it. But
nothing is as it seems. The new president is hiding something,
tracking Andrin and all his friends... But why? What horrible secrets
have yet to be unraveled, lives to be lost, depts to paid, vengeance
to be made? Well...? Trust me, I suck at summaries and it was hard to
make one without spoiling to much. :) Tell me if you would read it our
not! Hopefully, this will be my first published book....Show more
answers16:If it's a story rather than a full-length book, you should
probably submit it to a magazine or other periodical.Go to the library
and look at Writer's Market or Literary Marketplace. It will give you
addresses, contact info, and submission guides.
answers17:J.K. Rowling and Rick Riordan
answers18:Eion Colfer JK Rowling Tamora PierceTolkien
answers19:Can Dani's Story written by Diane and Bernie Lierow be
counted as an autobiography? I have to read an autobiography for
school.
answers20:I've written some completed stories and still looking for a
publisher. Don't go through PublishAmerica.com I thought they were
great at first, but my dreams came crashing down when they wouldn't
help me. Congrats on your book. I've got four novels and they're all
series. The first one is being rewritten due to lack of life. :) It
was Forceful Persuasion. Good luck....Show more
answers21:Lian HearnLewis CarrollRobin McKinley
answers22:Danielle Steel.or Stephenie Meyer. IDK.
answers23:I have written a story, and I would like to submit to a
publisher, but I don't know how or where. do you guys have any idea?
answers24:Yes it possibly can check into the author's notes
answers25:Sure. Caught me!
answers26:It sounds way too much like HG, I'm afraid. Why does the
President give a monkeys about a group of kids? Why would a 15 year
old be wanted to help do research?"What horrible secrets have yet to
be unraveled, lives to be lost, depts to paid, vengeance to be
made?"I'm afraid this just sounds like "I do have a plot! Really I
do!" Don't tell us something amazing is going to happen, show us what
the very first stage of these things is so we wonder what's coming
next."I suck at summaries"And the vast majority of people who can't
write summaries can't write stories either. It's all just
writing."Hopefully, this will be my first published book."On average,
when someone gets a book published, they've already written about a
million words, including three previous polished novels. I suspect
you've written about 2000 words total. Forget publishing and write.
And, for goodness sake, if you're considering trying to sell it to a
publisher, don't put it online. Publishers buy first rights. If you
post your story for people to read, you've used them....Show more
answers27:I don't like the "wad of cash" line, but reword that and
it's pretty good.
answers28:Belva Plain
answers29:You want me to pick one! I have an entire website about
books.Mark Twain, Louisa May Alcott, Maud Hart Lovelace, Robert Louis
Stevenson, John Steinbeck, Shakepeare, Jane Austen, Emily Bronte,
Charlotte Bronte, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, John Beachem, David
Eddings, Ursula K. LeGuin, Andre Norton, Nora Roberts, Debbie
Macomber, Janet Evanovitch, LaVryle Spencer, Maggie Osborne, Jude
Deveraux, Judith McNaught, Catherine Coulter, Sandra Brown, Barbara
Delinsky, Danielle Steel, Susan Wiggs, Julie Garwood, Jo
Beverley,...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment