111

Friday 21 February 2020

How to become a better poetry reader.?

Jude Colbenson: I struggle with this mightily - try not to think as literally as I do. Poetry employs metaphor and sometimes cryptic messages and there I will go thinking a poem is about a teacup and tea leaves when it is about the dregs of life!

Shad Bushweller: I don't really get poetry much myself, but I think poetry is like artwork, often too personal to be "understood"/means different to each person.That said, you can still get better @ understanding it by taking in (reading/listening to) a lot of it and discussing it. While it's not like math where 1+1=2, you can train yourself to view things differently. Continually hearing how others read something can help open your mind to eventually see that way yourself, at least a little.Good luckEdit: If you mean reading out loud, just practice practice practice, when possible w/ an audience....Show more

Hubert Jestes: cut back out a number of the pointless words...right here... Love is a efficient notice a artw! ork oftentimes misused something taken with none attention something continuously abused it is not something made come for the era of, yet something made something created Love is often hated debated and forgotten.. continuously lost. Love, the desirable present. destiny's maximum harsh curse no person fights to make issues extra effective yet provides in, accepts the worst....Show more

Lynn Hollars: I have a difficult time with poetry. The best way is to take it into small bits, read and reread the line until you find symbolism. Poetry is like a dream, you don't always have to take it literally. pay attention to the big picture. Just remember, if it becomes too overwelming, take a break! :)

Fannie Collingwood: I often enjoy a poem I don't understand more than one I do.But as humpty said, don't take things so literally when reading, things more than not are metaphorical.Or a less common thing, like I do often when writing, is the poem may be about a story or som! ething like that, and will not make sense unless you are famil! iar with the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment