111

Saturday 20 June 2020

Can a Dental assistant have tattoos ?  

Can a Dental assistant have tattoos ?  

answers 0:I am thinking about going to school for dental assistant, Only problem.I have tattoo's Literally everywhere. My hand's,arms,chest.Are you aloud to have tattoo's in this field of work or would you have to cover them up ?answers 1:you're alowed them but they have to be covered. my freind who's a dental assistant has one on her wrist and just puts a band-aid over the top when ever she goes to work.answers 2:no, you can not. Not too many patients would allow a heavily tattooed person to assist in their dental care. If I came in for a dental appointment and my dentist had hired a tattooed dental assistant, I would ask him to assign another assistant to me. If he could not, I would reschedule until he could, or find another dentist. Sorry to be so blunt and speak so plainly here, but people contemplating tattoos have to real! ize that tattoos will change their lives for the worse-tattoos will be among the worse decisions of your lives.Tattoos = regret...answers 3:I'm a DA and I have tattoos that are visible. It really just depends on the office. Professionalism is key, so you may want to cover them for the interview, and you may even want to just ask the office what their policy is. Personally, I love body art and don't think people should be limited in professions because of it, but my views aren't necessarily those of society at large (at least not where I live). One last thing, if this offers you any hope, the assistants at my dentist office have tattoos and piercings that are visible. I have to admit at first sight I was taken aback, but quickly remembered "hey, you have tats so who are you to judge!" Anywho, cleanliness and professionalism is what's important. Just check into potential employers before you invest your money in school. Regardless, if that's your dream and if it's meant to b! e, it will be! Best of luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment